The PFI Annual Conference will be held July 27-29 at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. Information on the conference can be found on the PFI website and will be updated in the coming weeks. Registration will open this spring.
The PFI Annual Conference highlights the various applications of densified biomass industry and attracts a broad range of individuals from the public and private sectors, academia, and local, state and national governments from North America and beyond. The conference features two days of educational sessions as well as industry exhibits and extensive networking opportunities.
We’re pleased to announce that abstracts are now being accepted for the 2014 PFI Annual Conference for the following categories:
1. Exporting Pellets (e.g. transportation options, developing sales agreements, establishing buyer relationships, logistics and financial considerations, international standards compliance, etc.)
2. OSHA Inspections and Preparation (e.g. preparing for an inspection, best practices in compliance, etc.)
3. Pellet Marketing and Promotion (e.g. cross industry marketing, using Social Media (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) to grow markets, attracting international interest, improving understanding of biomass, etc.)
4. Enhancing Pellet Operations (to include safety practices at the plant, improving specific aspects of production, best practices in operation, developing contracts, etc.)
5. New Technologies Shaping the Industry (new and/or developing projects and technologies for the pellet industry)
6. Open Category
All abstracts must be submitted as a .doc or .pdf and must include the following information: Title of Abstract, Abstract Category (e.g. Marketing and Promotion of the Industry), Contact Name, Company Name, Email.
Abstracts should not exceed 500 words and must be relevant to one of the six categories outlined.
The deadline to submit an abstract is Monday, February 24, 2014.
Those who submit an abstract should be available to present at the PFI Annual Conference on Monday, July 28th or Tuesday, July 29th.
Abstracts should be sent to Dash Taylor at or 703-522-0548 (fax).
Abstract Review and Notification
The PFI Conference Committee will review all abstracts. Notice of abstract acceptance will be made by March 21, 2014.